To pass your driving test as soon as possible, maybe in the next month, you will need to follow tried and tested driver education principles.
Pass Driving Test Tips
When you learn to drive for the first time you are surrounded by a lot of well meaning advice from those who have passed their driving test. And even advice from some people who have failed. Really though you should follow good sound advice from a professional driving instructor.
Think of it like this: imagine you wish to become a brain surgeon and none of your friends or family are qualified brain surgeons. The only way you will qualify is if you listen to your tutor, read and understand the medical books. Quite a straightforward statement, so why is learning to drive so complicated? It’s the confusing or conflicting advice you receive outside of your driving lessons.
First step then in being able to pass your driving test first time is to not pay too much attention to well meaning advice, or horror stories from those around you who think they are helping. They are not.
Pass Driving Test Tips
- Do not think about a driving test or theory test if you are a new driver
- Read the Highway Code first (just an overview) – not the DSA training books at this stage
- Book your first lesson with a good driving instructor
- On your first lesson you should be shown essential car controls. Then have a chance to practice stopping & starting on a quiet road.
- On future driving lessons you should be continually practicing your car control skills
- As you gain more confidence you should be experiencing some light traffic and a few complex road layouts
- Now is the time to really get to grips with your Highway Code & other theory study books or CD’s
- Once you have made progress on your theory study, you could book a theory test
- Having now passed your theory test, you will need to examine your practical driving progress. Are you able to drive some of the time without assistance from your instructor. Or do you still forget a few signals or gear changes.
- Once you feel that your driving is quite good [based on your instructors comments as well] . You could book your driving test
- If any of the 10 points above are not happening, you should look at why it’s not happening. Don’t accept it as ‘that’s the way it is’ make it happen and you will pass your test first time.